Ok, the secret’s out! One of my favorite TV Shows/Movies is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. After a four-year hiatus, the tipsy Fashionistas Patsy Stone (Joanna Lumley) and Edina Monsoon (Jennifer Saunders) are back in “Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie.”
Here are 10 FASHION TIPS I’VE GLEANED FROM PATSY & EDINA OVER THE YEARS
- Coco Chanel famously advised that before leaving the house, you should look in the mirror and take one thing off. If you’re Patsy and Eddy, maybe look in the mirror and remove a little more, OK, a lot more.
- Caftans should never be worn more than 25 yards from the water- unless you’re on the Serengeti – and never belted unless the National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch
- Though you may be worth your weight in gold, you needn’t prove it by wearing it around your neck.
- Those fur vests are called “chubbies” for a reason
- Sunglasses hide a multitude of sins, boredom and smudged mascara.
- You are only as large as your widest piece of clothing.
- There is no article of clothing men despise more than a tie. So if you have any intrest in seducing a man, avoid Windsor knots.
- After a certain age, do not wear tights that are tinted the same color as spider veins: you’ll look like you have them
- A dirndl waistline is as attractive as it sounds
- If you are having a blast, you are going to look absolutely fabulous no matter what you have on.