Just returned from our incredible trip to Costa Rica! Here are 10 reasons why I love this country:
- Costa Rica was recently voted “The Friendliest Country in The World” and they truly are!
- They genuinely care about the environment and building Green
- Only 20% of the entire country is developed and there are no high-rise hotels or chain stores (sorry McDonald lovers!)
- The animals roam free and the diversity is incredible – 400 species of birds, lots of monkeys including the noisy Howlers that actually sound like dogs, bats, iguanas, frogs, crocodiles, turtles and lots more
- The food is fresh, farm-to-table, healthy and delicious
- Lots of “feet-in-the-sand” bars and restaurants, my favorite
- You can be as active or lazy as you want to be – our trip included whitewater rafting, snorkeling, sea kayaking, nite hiking, catamaran sailing and hanging bridge climbs
- The two airports are state-of-the-art and get you thru customs and immigration in a flash
- The beaches are gorgeous and there are so many you can always find a secluded spot
- The hotels and activity providers really care that you enjoy yourself. They show up on-time and want you to be comfortable and happy
The day before we were leaving there was a volcanic eruption and at the same time, a meteor shower flashed ACROSS THE VOLCANO – that’s celebrating the New Year with a FLASH & A BANG!
We are already planning our next trip back and as they say in Costa Rica, PURA VIDA!!